Tuesday, December 06, 2005

never surrender-revised

Churchill, said "we will fight them on the ..." blah, blah, blah.The only word in that speech that wasn't 'English' was surrender. I also will not give up, but strangely I am fighting against the UK government, not fighting with it, unlike my grandfather.
The rules to get your wife a visa are made in such a way that you do have to be rich, if you are honest and follow the rules. If you are in a foreign country you need to prove that you have a home and job in the UK,difficult when you are not in the UK.I don't see how the government can still say in 2005 that I must have a lot of money to bring my wife here.I can understand that my wife will have no access to 'public funds', that of course is fair enough. We will get Teosdee a visa. There was a time, a few years ago that it seemed as though neither Teosdee or I would get a Hong Kong visa, but we did. That was the first step in us being able to get a UK visa.Four and a half years ago, Joseph was born in the Philippines because his mother did not have a HK visa.
For me, when Teosdee gets the right to come and go as she wishes, that will be the time that we can choose to live where we wish. Secure in the knowledge that we can go anywhere.Then it will be time to get U.S. visa'a, HA HA!!
One month now without smoking, I think I have reached the point of no return. I have started studying for my BA in International Studies including the Diploma in English Studies.That is where I learnt that surrender is not an English word. English studies is a bit heavier than I thought,although interesting.It deals with linguistics quite a lot and even phonetics.
Heavy frost this morning, dark now at 4pm, around 0c.I did see that it was 11c in HK today, made me feel a better until I saw that it would back in the 20's by the weekend. It is strange that Teosdee will be there next week,I think I'm jealous!

1 comment:

  1. Chin up ol fruit it will all turn out OK.
    Keep me posted I am interested in the developments for my own use.
    Merry Christmas
    Donald

    ReplyDelete