Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Kung Hey Fat Choi! 'laa'

So , February is here. It is 0c outside-10.30am, we have had this cold snap for 10 days now, with no end in sight and no snow either. I actually think I'm getting used to the cold! It may be psychological though, the end is now in sight, there must be a chance of the weather improving in March, with at least a warm day or two. There is still only 8 hours of daytime, that is 16 hours of nighttime! That will definitely improve.
I begin work next Tuesday with the CSA- the child support agency. This job will do me until I decide to leave the UK. The money is better than English Teaching which according to the job advertisements that I get from TEFL.com only pay about £250 per week!! 90% of those jobs are down South, how people can live on that I don't know. That works out at Hk$14,500 per month.the cost of living is about the same here as in Hong Kong.Beer and food is cheaper, rent is the same, transport and utilities are more expensive.
I will decide if to stay for another year(or not) in October when I finish my OU course, but the chances are that I will return to Hong Kong.
We went to the Chinese New Year celebrations in Liverpool on Sunday- Lion dances, dragon dances and lots of firecrackers- HK on a smaller scale.It made me very homesick though. I noticed a lot of mainland Chinese tour groups, why they would come to Liverpool is beyond me.
Kung Hey Fat Choi!

No comments:

Post a Comment