Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The office

I am a civil servant now! If someone had said that I would be working for the civil service in the UK this time last year, I would have called them mad. I have had classroom training for 2 weeks now, and have 1 more week left in the classroom. There are a lot of rules and regulations and formulas to learn, but it is essentially a walk in the park. The government do look after their employees. We have 22 days holiday plus 11 days public holidays and sick days and 'other' days if required, and that is in the 1st year.I have booked my holidays for May(to go to Hong Kong).We had a security talk on the 1st day-I can't really go into specifics! I joined the union on the 2nd day, they do look after you.We are not allowed tests after training-only quizes.If you can't do the job after the training you are retrained. After 17 days in the classroom we will have 2-3 weeks consolidation-before we are actually let loose. They have a sports and leisure club. We can get free counselling and legal advice about anything-confidentially.My colleagues are really nice, we all went out on the piss last week. I could get used to this.It is still f-ing cold here.
I managed to get a laptop-kindly funded by the Open University(see homework below).
I have been talking to Jason(see pic below) over the internet and a couple of people in Hong Kong for free!! Jason put me onto this website www.skype.com, just downlaod the software, install and get free calls to other pc's via their e-mail address. There is no spyware , popups, or adverts.You can pay-to call non pc phones, but it is the biz.do it, (it can search through your email address book to see if anyone on it has signed up)and give me a call-for free.
I heard one of my mates in Hong Kong was dressed as a woman at the weekend in the och-what is going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment