Wednesday, December 06, 2006

raspberry

The BBC ran a story this morning, showing raspberries growing in Northumberland. What is usually a summer fruit, is still growing today-December the 6th!
It has been a mild Autumn, no frosts yet. People abroad may get the impression that the UK has basked in a warm glow this year, but not in my eyes.
Since September the weather has hung around the 13-15c mark, with the usual amounts of rain and greyness.We had 100mph winds last weekend.
It was nice at times when I was down south 18c-20c in October, but not here.
This year is definitely better than last, but I have a job and central heating this year.
I took Joseph to school this morning through the rain and wind, it is 11c today.This to me, is still bloody cold and unpleasant in August or in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment