Monday, January 29, 2007

It's just a matter of time..

I have to decide now,when to give up on Europe and move back East. I did only ever say, that I would try the UK for 2 years.That 2 years finishes in 5 months!
It's funny how, once you get comfortable, the 'other' becomes a bit scary. When I came here, I wasn't sure if I could settle.
It would be very easy for me to get a mortgage now, and stay in the civil service until I retire.Job security, domesticity,boredom.
That just isn't me though.Yet, now that I have been away for a while, it is Hong kong that scares me a little!
It was great to have those couple of days back in HK over xmas and New Year, and I thought to myself-I must get back. I am lucky enough not to have to worry about visas for us, and I have never had problems getting work, even if it can be erratic.

Teosdee worries about me drinking too much in Hong Kong, and she is right-to a certain extent. I don't drink here, I drink too much there-but this year I was on holiday. I am 35 years old now, and it is time to find a happy medium-or I'll end up as a bloody civil servant for the next 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment