Tuesday, February 20, 2007

pancake Teosdee

I have just sat down(watching Yes,Minister), after cooking pancakes, absolutely spot on, if I say so myself.
I think Teosdee cooked them last year, but I wanted them to be traditional English ones this year, so I was told(quite rightly)to cook them myself.
I got the recipe from Delia Smith, not personally, but via the BBC website. Teosdee usually uses self-raising flour and sugar in the mix, but I insisted on following the instructions as given-exactly(plain flour). What I got was a taste of my childhood.The kids wanted honey, but we only had sugar and lemon when I was a kid, so that's what they got.
Joseph helped stir the mix, and demanded I flip the pancakes.
It's moments like this that are priceless.
7PM. Kids have gone to bed,Only fools and Horses is on the TV. "Cushtie!"


Pancakes
http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/database/basilpancakswithsuga_66226.shtml

1 comment:

  1. Full house in the OCH, I could do with a couple of swift ones.
    Booked the flights, the clock is ticking here now.I am just waiting for the right moment to hand in my notice at work.

    ReplyDelete