Wednesday, October 01, 2008

The loss of freedom in Hong Kong

It is a public holiday here in Hong Kong-to celebrate the Communist government of China's takeover of the mainland.

This story has been reported in Hong Kong. An 18 year old has been arrested for making 'malicious' rumours about a local bank.
Whatever happened to freedom of speech?
'The lady doth protest too much me thinks'. If there is truly nothing wrong, why have the govt arrested someone for an opinion? Sticks and stones....!
The idiots who then queued for hours to withdraw their savings even though the govt guaranteed their deposits are to blame.

If I want to say that ABC bank is not safe, I should be able to. It may be my opinion. If I say that I have proof that ABC bank is not safe-I must back up my claims.
I personally believe that all Hong Kong banks are not safe-HSBC, Standard Chartered, Bank Of China, etc. This is of course pure supposition on my behalf, I have no proof.Only the proof that half a dozen banks throughout the world have had to be rescued in the last 10 days.
This man should not be in custody. Arrest the CEO of AIG etc for destroying the economy.




Taken from RTHK in Hong Kong


Man held over malicious internet message

01-10-2008
Police in Hong Kong have arrested an 18-year-old man in connection with the sending of malicious messages over the Internet with criminal or dishonest intent. The suspect was detained by officers of the Commercial Crime Bureau in Kwai Chung. The case concerns an online message which was posted on an internet discussion forum last Thursday, alleging that a Hong Kong financial institution would be closed down. Police were unable to confirm whether the arrest was linked to rumours about bank stability, which led to thousands of depositors withdrawing up to two billion HK dollars in deposits from the Bank of East Asia last week.

No comments:

Post a Comment