Monday, July 13, 2009

Moving on

Well, it appears that we are on our way again. After 2 years back here in Hong Kong, we are once again heading back to Europe.
Jack will be attending Primary 1 in September, and we feel he could do with a couple of years back in an English speaking school.Joseph has just been informed that he 'passed' Primary 2 and can go onto Primary 3 and study p3 Chinese with his classmates.Not bad after just 1 year in Chinese school,but it is not to be.He will be able to go to P4 in the UK.
I think we may be away for longer this time. I also want to further my studies. The money here in Hong Kong has remained an all too important issue. Teosdee was only able to earn a very small amount-Filipinos are still discriminated against here, earning far less than locals. A minimum wage law is being drafted, and the situation should improve in a couple of years.
Of course, I will miss the beach and friends, but I do sometimes think there is more to life than great weather and bbqs. Swings and roundabouts really! I know that after a couple of winters back home, I'll be desperate to get back to the beach-and so will the kids.
Ultimately, we are fortunate to have the choice to live in both places.

No comments:

Post a Comment