Thursday, August 13, 2009

Update

6th August- okay, i seem to have survived,just about without the family-although i do seem to have acquired bruised/broken ribs. I haven't moved off the island though,i must be getting old, apart from nearly having a barney-NEARLY. I fly... tomorrow. I've never been able to function without my family. Each time I try I always end up having to get back to them earlier than planned. UK here I come!

7th August-At the airport, didn't need to pay any excess-miraculously-feeling good!Looking forward to airplane food and beer-do they allow beer on Quata airways? Adios Amigos, will miss you all, and the weather, but I'll be back!!

7th August-In Doha airport-Qatar air is really quite good!The best selection of movies/tv and games I have ever come across,and beer!! I spent some time playing 'who wants to be a millionaire?' I won $250,000-if only it was real. Stuck here now for 7 ...hours, not sure whose connection I'm using though.

8th August-Okay, peeved off now! Smoking lounges are truly awful places-even for hardened smokers. This bloody airport is freezing and the announcements are very loud,intrusive and constant.Only another 4-5 hours!!!


8th August-Back in the bosom. long flight this time-9hrs in transit. Kids and my mum and Teosdee met me at the airport and we took the train home. Dad collected us at the station, me and teosdee walked home(20mins) and got a bag of chips from the Chinese Chippy...-who comes from Tai-Wai(Shatin). He was quite surprised to learn that i had just arrived from Hong Kong-probably thinks I'm a nutter!
Kids now upstairs watching Transformers.mum and Dad gone out, me and Teosdee watching the box-bliss! gotta get some deep heat on these ribs though!!



11th August.Busy couple of days, I've applied for work in Belgium, Libya(!), Burscough(!), Liverpool, Leeds, London, and Manchester-I have an interview in Manchester on Friday-for an English teaching job, my first teaching interview in the UK.Not sure where... I would prefer to teach-Manchester or Tripoli! Tripoli is probably safer, but the commute may be a drag.

No comments:

Post a Comment