Friday, April 16, 2010

2 Buddhas

I have just returned from the village to pick up my laundry, and I was asked why I was back on the island and where were the family?-3 times. It's nice that people care but after the hundredth time I have decided to spice up the story a bit, and this will be my answer next time;
Whilst trekking in the Himalayas we met the Dalai Lama, who after a brief chat with my youngest son, decided that he was the living incarnation of himself. I did question the logic of this as I didn't understand how this could be, as he was still alive, so that would mean there are 2 of them, and I didn't see any financial advantage of him being the next Dalai Lama. After a brief negotiation, I went happily on my way, having been rewarded with a modest payment and a share of any royalties from tie-in books etc in the future. I threw in my eldest son for good luck-in for a penny, in for a pound! The wife wasn't overjoyed at the arrangement, being a Christian and all. In fact she kicked up an almighty fuss, and ran away with a travelling circus we met at the next town. Apparently she is now a lion tamer, she said taming lions was a synch after living with me for 10 years. The boys have had their heads shaven and are studying meditation and Tibetan. Not sure it will last though, as although saintly, I think the Dalai Lama has bitten off more than he can chew with my two.

No comments:

Post a Comment