Saturday, June 26, 2010

A week in the life...

A week in the life....

Sunday-Leave the beach in Lantau fly to Taiwan. Taiwan is really just halfway between Hong-Kong and China, a little lost in its identity really.
Fly to LAX on Delta and the narrowest seats I have ever come across, I can hardly walk when I get off the plane. Then onto Mexico City.

Monday- Stranded in Mexico city for 24 hours, miss flight because I fall asleep after trying to stay awake so I don't get robbed. This was another of those hallucinating times, but this time not only did my vision go but also the weirdest thing with sound as well. As I am trying desperately to keep my eyes open, all the sounds around me take on a very crystal heightened tone, until they all merge into a cacophony of sound, and I can hear strange conversations, such as being nagged and shouted at-very very bizarre! Only by begging American Airlines for a ticket back am I able to literally get the hell out of Dodge.
Tuesday- Have a couple of fags outside Dallas airport in the scorching heat. American Airlines charge US $7 for a beer, even on long haul flights and as with all North American Airlines you have to pay by credit card-even for $3 headphones to listen to the in-flight movie!
Wednesday- As we take off from Tokyo, I get a wonderful clear view of Mount Fuji and then of Tokyo itself. Watch England game back on Lantau.
Thursday- Fly to Shanghai, arrive at 1am stay at the airport hotel. Watch Italy game in room.
Friday.-Walk into the fish pond in the Shanghai hotel as I am walking along looking at my tickets. Shoes, socks and bottom of pants soaking. Not the best way to fly! 13 hours in Toronto airport. Standing outside having a fag, as ever, I couldn't remember where I was and only after mentally retracing my steps did I remember!
Saturday- Fly to Mexico City, and then Guadalejera.

No comments:

Post a Comment