Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lord Tennyson


"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all."

"If I had a flower for every time I thought of you... I could walk through my garden forever."

"Who are wise in love, love most, say least."

"In the Spring a young man's fancy lightly turns to thoughts of love"

"Knowledge comes, but wisdom lingers."

"I am a part of all that I have met."

"to strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield"

"A lie that is half-truth is the darkest of all lies."

"Nor is it wiser to weep a true occasion lost, but trim our sails, and let old bygones be."

"Better not be at all than not be noble."

"Theirs not to reason why, theirs but to do and die."

"..Oh,yet we trust that good will somehow we be the final end of ill ...

"No man ever got very high by pulling other people down. The intelligent merchant does not knock his competitors. The sensible worker does not knock those who work with him. Don't knock your friends. Don't knock your enemies. Don't knock yourself."

"Hope smiles on the threshold of the year to come, whispering that it will be better."

"Tears, idle tears, I know not what they mean,

Tears from the depths of some devine despair

Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes,

In looking on the happy autumn fields,

And thinking of the days that are no more."

"sometimes the heart sees whats invisble to the eye"

"Half the night I waste in sighs,

Half in dreams I sorrow after

The delight of early skies;

In a wakeful dose I sorrow

For the hand, the lips, the eyes,

For the meeting of the morrow,

The delight of happy laughter,

The delight of low replies."

"A man had given all other bliss,

And all his worldly worth for this

To waste his whole heart in one kiss

Upon her perfect lips."

No comments:

Post a Comment