Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hug

I arrived home one day a few years ago in Lantau,to what could only be described as a raging storm which started off with "Who is she?" Never a good sign, "Who's who?" "The girl you were seen with at the ferry pier" I protested my innocence,and couldn't for the life of me remember who I had been with that night.
I knew I hadn't 'been' with anyone,but I may well have been walking with one of my mates,a lot of whom are women.
Many,many hours of protestations later it hit me like a lightning bolt."AHHHHH! Philippa!" This didn't calm matters down,neither did my explaining that yes, I had been hugging Philippa at the ferry pier.I explained that it was the first time that I had seen her since her cancer had gone into remission and being a close old friend,that me hugging her was perfectly natural.
That was the last time I saw her-hugging her at the ferry pier,and how I will remember her.
The storm did subside,but never completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment