Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Fraudulent e-mail from Manila.

This is a scam. An email arrives in your inbox from a friend or contact asking for help. It is a scam, your friend is fine!

Just received this e-mail today, The 'sender' is apparently a real-estate agent in Hong Kong I have used, so the email must look for a name in my contacts and pretend it is from them.
Be warned folks. And if you get one from me, it is not me, I am not lucky enough to be stuck in Manila, as if I was, I'd buy a San Miguel and enjoy the heat...oh too be hot again! Anyway, here's the e-mail.

Hello,

I am sorry for my sudden request but I am left with no option, I know I did not inform you of my trip but I had a short vacation down to manila, philippine which is just the 3rd day today, I was robbed last night on my way back to the hotel from a shopping mall with family, it's such a traumatic experience for us as the robbers had gun pointing at us. All belongings are gone now since everything where stolen off us, no one could do anything because of the panic state we were in. I already filed a report after the incident and also had to block the credit cards immediately so we don't lose more than what was taken. Please I need you to loan me $3000 to resolve our predicament back home, I will pay you back right as soon as we are back home, I give you my word. Please let me know if you can be of help.

Thanks,

Yours in HIM,

Brother Sai

No comments:

Post a Comment