Friday, October 28, 2005

heatwave

Yesterday was the hottest 28th of October on record apparently,temperatures reached 20c in most places.It was a nice day, but I didn't feel the urge to go to the beach! The clocks go back tomorrow night, and then it will start to get dark at 5pm! It already feels like the middle of the night here at 7pm.The streets are deserted, even the town centre(Birkenhead).Liverpool is marginally more busy, but not much.
I miss the evenings in Hong Kong.Going down to the waterfront at midnight and still having millions of people to watch.I haven't been to a pub since July, they just don't interest me.The licensing hours change in less than a month, with the possibility of 24 hour drinking.The reality appears to be that most will open till 12 or 1am, with some in the cities open till 3 or 4. The ability to leave home at midnight and have a few pints in your local is still a dream here. No Sunday morning drinking and dancing.
This week has been half term for the kids and also for myself.I did manage to use my Cantonese at my local chippy though.They were quite astounded, especially the kids .I still don't know how to order fish,chips and gravy in Cantonese though.Can anyone help?

No comments:

Post a Comment