Tuesday, December 20, 2005

disco

The only Mercer on the razz is Joseph this year. I just dropped him at school-9am, and he is having a 70's disco! Tomorrow he has his xmas party. It has been 8 days since Teosdee left(she went to a bbq on Lantau Island on Sunday).It is not easy being a lone parent of a 4 year old.Getting him ready for school,cooking breakfast, washing dishes,clothes,shopping,giving him a bath,fighting to get him to bed,fighting to get him to switch off cartoons,cooking dinner, and making him eat it.At the same time as all this I have to plan Christmas, and buy everything associated with it.
I am not complaining, these things need to be done. Everything would be easier if it was warmer here.The weather is shit, it always feels cold in the house, I spend a lot of time closing doors, curtains, blocking draughts to try and keep heat in at least one or two rooms.The water from the tap is painfully cold, it really wakes you up in the morning.Is this really the 21st century? Doesn't feel like it here.
I am presently at the library.I use the computer here, as I don't have a PC here in the UK.They allow me to use the computer for 1 hour a day.That's when I am able to keep up this blog and check my emails.
I think this may be the first year since I was 15 that I will not go to a pub at Christmas.Still not smoking, so I suppose that will make it easier.

The HK government are still holding a handful of Koreans I see from RTHK.
They should throw the book at them.There can be no excuse for going to another country and taking part in/instigating violent protests. Do it in your own country if necessary ,but never elsewhere.Those farmers may or may not have a point , but they could have roamed the streets of Seoul to urge their own government to help them or to withdraw from the WTO. Hong Kong has not seen violence on it's streets since the 1960's and even then it was started by communist militants influenced by China. South Korea is a democracy, Hong Kong is not.This was not a good advertisement for free speech.

No comments:

Post a Comment