Thursday, June 07, 2007

spain-week 1


Uno grande café, uno grande cervaza,uno Marlboro lights.Three phrases I believe to be the most necessary for life in Barcelona.I got to school at 8am this morning,and left at 8pm.I am now sitting outside a roadside café with uno grande cervaza .I left the room at 6.30am this morning and walked for 45mins to school,stopping for coffee and picking up a croissant along the way. That's been it pretty much everday so far. I did get out of the city at the weekend,about 60km south,and I got lost 120km away in Girona ,in fact if I hadn't got off the train I`d of ended up in France. Barcelona is very different from other Spanish cities I`ve been to,much more chic,cool,and bloody expensive . They really take care of their kids here,no shouting and hitting the kids on the street here.

The people have a much greater sense of self.At first this appears to be just style,but it`s not just style,it`s youthfullness.Couples in their late 30`s still dress as if they are their way to Glastonbury.Their 10 year old kids have got long,crazy hair(boys).Gotta go,people watching to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment