Thursday, August 11, 2005

It's Grim up North

Well, we moved into our new place this week.I could hear the crowds at Tranmere's game on Tuesday night. Don't have any furniture yet, but I managed to buy a t.v. for £4 at a boot sale-it works as well! Sitting and sleeping on the floor at the moment, although we do have a dining table to eat at.The oven is cool, it is great to be able to experiment roasting meat.
Big brother fever is very high this week, I have tuned in for a few minutes and I have to say it is the biggest pile of shit you have ever seen.It does make me wonder about the nation's sanity and intelligence.It seems that the whole population stayed home last night to watch the penultimate episode, not me, I watched a docu-dramatisation about the slavery trade on BBC2.Every other programme is about people setting up new lives in France or Spain, or their dream is to get out of the UK to anywhere.It feels like I am the only idiot doing it the other way around. Repercussions from the bombings continue, with the emphasis this week on relabelling ethnic minorities to British-Asian, British-Muslim, British-African, they haven't mentioned what us white people will be called- British-British, Irish-British, Native-British, British-Wanker.The government is introducing tough new legislation so that nobody can critise Tony Blair, sorry that is not true, nobody can agree with terrorists.
20c here today, and sunny! P.s. these tablets still haven't stopped me smoking yet.

1 comment: