Friday, September 23, 2005

summer

I haven't kept up with my blog for a while for the simple reason that we have been too busy. It has I have to say been a good summer.The weather here in the UK has been good, generally in the mid to high 20s. Today it is definitely autumnal and tonight it will be 2c...BRRR!
During the summer we visited Chester which Teosdee loved because of the old buildings and Roman ruins.We went to london for the day-only £22 return on a Saturday on the train.Kids loved the 'big' train but were knackered afterwards. We went to watch the airshow at Southport,lots of helicopters and jets. We went to the Matthew Street music festival in Liverpool and watched amongst others 'Robbing(sic) Williams'. We went on the mersey ferry numerous times and watched brass bands playing in the park. We visited the beach and were sunburnt walking across the sands on the Wirral. I went to Spain to keep my father company whilst he drove his car back to the UK.my parents live in Malaga so it was a long drive to say the least.Everthing was going well until we reached France, where we got stuck a couple of times, the first being on a Sunday night as all petrol stations were closed or purely automated-never take your car to Le-Mans it is the most car-unfriendly place on earth.The journey took us 4 days eventually, but I did have 3 great days on the Costa Del Sol before we set off.
Joseph has now begun school and we have moved house yet again.
I think it may be time for me to look for employment!

No comments:

Post a Comment