Friday, August 11, 2006

Chinese people are the greatest people in the world.

Spitting, bad language,bad manners,closed minds,insulting,racist,loud,uncouth...
These are words I have often heard bandied around.These are complaints which are often uttered in other more exotic countries.
It's only now, after 1 year here in England, I realize that, this is a description which fits this country more than any other.
People spit here more than any other people I've ever come across.They hack, they aim, they do the full Monty, people spit continuously as they walk along-nobody ever complains!Bad language is normal language here, from 5 year olds right through to seventy year old grannies, on the bus, in the shop, everywhere-cunt,twat,fuck,bastard-all part of normal english vocabulary.
Pushing,shoving,mobiles phones,there are no 'polite' rules.Wear a strange shirt,cut your hair differently,speak with the wrong accent-get looked at, get shouted at.God forbid have a different colour,or sexuality!
Bus stations,buses,trains,shopping centres are full of kids,drunken people shouting and screaming at each other, or other passengers-often violently. Add to this mix violent crime,indiscriminate violence,and perverts, and you have the picture.
If you lived here for a year you would know what I mean.
It is just not gelling here for me.I went out tonight to celebrate a colleagues wedding.I got back home at 11.15pm.The party was quiet,that was not the problem.I thought, I'll have a couple of beers before i go home. I walked around the town-avoiding the staring doormen guarding doors(looking to make trouble),and the multitudes swaying through the streets looking for trouble.I stopped at a pub, but left before I finished my pint-what is the fucking point?Nothing interests me about drinking here.It is impossible to strike up a conversation with anyone-too loud-too stupid.
How many Chinese people do you see pissing in the open in the middle of the street,in the middle of the city?
Chinese people are the greatest people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment