Friday, August 18, 2006

long weekend

It's Friday night. I have 3 days off work. I did try and book a weekend away, but at this time of year, you may as well book a 2 week cruise down the Nile-it would be cheaper!
The cheapest fares to London(by train) start at £90 each way!! I think a cheap hotel could be booked in London, but the problem is getting there. i thought about the Lake district, but couldn't find anything less than £100 per night!! Camping was an option but the weather has turned and Autumn may have arrived early. it is 16c here and the rain is heavy. I have another long weekend but that is bank holiday weekend, and the moon is probably easier to get to.I'm not sure if this dearth of travel options is because of the jittery air situation(handcream!?) or just the sad state of travel here. Except London, all hotels and B&Bs quote price pppn-per person per night.
The football season kicks off at 12.45 tomorrow, I may treat myself to a few pints, watching the Liverpool game at lunchtime. Wales could still be an option though, as the train is a local one and therefore the price is fixed, pay as you get on.The only problem being the shitty weather and the fact that there are more scousers in Wales than in Liverpool!

No comments:

Post a Comment