Monday, October 16, 2006

8.15am virgin to London

I am on the 8.15am Virgin train from Liverpool to London as I write and post this. It is not too busy, comfortable, and the weather is cool and grey outside. I have connected my laptop to my mobile-it is the first time I’ve done this to get on the net. It is nice to see green fields and cows for a change. I have spent the last few weekends taking care of sick kids, and even took a day off as Jack was sick last week. It is easier for me than it is for Teosdee. Apparently she cannot take days off!! You can imagine my reaction to that, but as she will only have to put up with the bastards until Christmas, it’s not too big a problem. They have told her she will have to resign to get a holiday at Xmas, as no one is allowed holidays in December. She works in the kitchen of a nursing home. I am sure that this is just the rule for Filipinos. As Teosdee has to work every Sunday, I am exhausted looking after the kids alone, especially as they have been sick. But, thanks to the civil service, I can now spend 3 weeks at the seaside, staying at the Royal Victoria Hotel. I’ll probably have to do some work though-there’s always a down side!
Right, I’m off to the restaurant car to get a big cup of coffee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment