Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wanted

Wanted;
Books for primary school children. Clothes for Primary school children (in reasonably good condition)

For Pitac Elememtary school, above Tibiao, Antique Province, Philippines.

I visited this school 3 weeks ago.(That's me in the photo)
This week, the eye of the Super Typhoon went directly overhead. I am not sure how it is now, but I met the teachers and students so I know it will carry on. It didn't lose electricity,  as it didn't have any in the first place. The school is high in the mountains, the parents are farmers of mainly rice. No cars can reach the school, it can only be reached by a 3 hour  walk(weather permitting)  or motorbike (but after the storm maybe not for some time)
I will return there at Christmas,  I don't want money, just books and clothes.
I will arrange to meet and collect mid December probably in MTR stations. This is a small shout out, I can probably only carry about 40kg, but if you have English books for kids, and clothes they will find a good home and be used to educate wonderful children.
Please pm me if you can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment