Sunday, April 09, 2006

April fool

The title refers to me. It is -2c as I am sitting here. Today is the 9th of April!
Why the hell did I come here? It has rained, hailed and snowed this weekend. I am desperate for some warmth.I want to go outside again.I want to walk. I have put on loads of weight-and it is not through drinking, it's because I get no exercise anymore, no walking, no teaching, no dancing.
Only 3 weeks until Teosdee and Jack go to Hong Kong. I told her that we would have to start sorting out our papers and things, just in case she wont be able to come back. I tried to get a current account this week, but was knocked back. I am working full time as a civil servant and have not paid a bill late since I got here- telephone,tv license,water,electric,gas,council tax,internet, cable, and I put my name on the electoral register.They said i don't have a long enough credit history!! Not being able to use a debit card here is hard. The trip to Hong Kong will not be a problem,getting them back may be. I have arranged some teaching work in Sai Kung during my time in Hong Kong, I am really looking forward to teaching again.
I now know for sure, I will not spend another winter here.Teosdee and the boys may well spend one more year here, but not me-not a bloody chance.
I am going to pray for warm weather tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment