Sunday, April 23, 2006

storm clouds are a brewing...

7pm sunday evening, the sun is still shining here.i have just come in from the garden-sunbathing in my jeans and wooly jumper.As I speak there is a red rainstorm warning in HK, and an almighty thunderstorm on Hk island,give me the rain and thunder anyday.
I spent 6 hours in the garden studying today.Yesterday, i had 2 tutorials at the same time-so i had to excuse myself from the the first halfway through and interrupt the second, half way through.The other students think i'm mad to attempt both at the same time. When i'd had enough of studying today, i grabbed another chair and put my feet up ,switched up the tunes, closed my eyes and savored the sunshine. i was transported back to a distant time, again with my feet up on a chair, enjoying the sunshine.That time was 5 years ago almost to the day. I sat on my balcony in Pui O-Lantau, eyes closed , sun shining, with an endless supply of cans to keep me company. That was 2 weeks before Joseph was born-in the Philippines.I sat on that balcony for 3 days pretty much. As I sat in my garden today, Jack kept on climbing up on my legs and playing horsie.They are here now- wrestling with each other, less than 2 feet away. Jack gives as good as he gets, he often wins!Every fve minutes or so, one of them comes over and gives me a kiss.Teosdee is cooking-fresh salmon tonight, a whole salmon from ASda only £6.
The visa application for Teosdee takes up to 13 weeks.It must be done from a country where you are legally resident.Her HK residency visa needs to be renewed before that-that is why I need to go back to Hk.It could be October before they(Teosdee and Jack) can get back here. I am now certain that we do actually fulfill the criteria needed to get her visa- it will not be a problem. we have been married for 6.5 years, have 2 kids, I have a job here, we have a house(rented), joseph goes to school here...etc
As well as a spouse visa, Teosdee will be given Indefinite Leave to Remain, meaning that she will not have to go through a probationary period of 2 years before being given a permanent visa-if you have lived as man and wife for 4 years it's not necessary.
The only spanner in the works is that, i will not spend another winter here.

No comments:

Post a Comment